Full Consolidations and Reorganization: Better Schools for Our Students Proposal
Through our strategic plan, A Capital Commitment, we have set five ambitious goals for the next five years.
- Improve achievement for all students;
- Show dramatic gains in struggling schools;
- Increase graduation rates;
- Improve satisfaction; and
- Increase enrollment.
To meet these ambitious goals, we must realize our vision of DCPS as a strong and growing system of traditional, neighborhood, public schools.
- Our programs will meet the diverse needs of our students. We will offer a range of programs including, higher quality Career and Technical Education (CTE) opportunities across the city, special education services near the students who need them most, alternative settings for students who need extra help, and challenging offerings for advanced learners.
- Our schools will be flexible, allowing for population growth and shifts, and always ensuring that students have high-quality schools in their neighborhood, as well as out-of -boundary options.
- Our district will be financially stable and able to direct funds to our highest priorities.
In order to realize this vision, we have to make significant changes in how we invest.
Download the full Consolidations and Reorganization: Better Schools for Our Students Proposal. [10 MB PDF]
Download School Data Snapshot [Nov. 19, 2012]