My School DC Common Lottery
This year DCPS is proud to be participating in the My School DC common lottery.
Who needs to use the lottery?
Families who want their child to attend a:
- PK3 or PK4 program at any DCPS school
- DCPS school outside your boundary or feeder pattern for any grade (PK3–12)
- DCPS specialized high school (grades 9–12)
Who does not need to use the lottery?
Families do NOT need to submit a lottery application if they want to attend:
- Their in-boundary school in grades K-12
- The next school in their feeder pattern
- The school they are currently enrolled in.
December 16, 2013 – application becomes available at MySchoolDC.org
February 3, 2014 – application due date for 9-12th grade applicants
March 3, 2014– application due date for PK3 – 8th grade applicants
March 31, 2014 – results of the lottery become available online (they will also be mailed home)
May 1, 2014 – Deadline for families to accept their space by turning in a complete enrollment packet, including residency verification.