iLearn - My School Library
Access to the world of information has exploded and our students interact with it continuously through digital, audio, and textual content. It is more important than ever to help students navigate the massive amounts of information available at their fingertips and through their mobile devices. School librarians can help by doing the following:
- Provide leadership and support with the processes of learning and inquiry;
- Provide a foundation to prepare our students for the increasingly global world of information access, creation and communication;
- Develop a foundation for information ethics and digital citizenship;
- Foster a culture that allows students full access to information and encourages creative intellectual inquiry; and
- Train students to process knowledge for innovation and creation in a technology- and information-rich society.