December 20, 2011
Students from all DCPS high schools and middle schools can begin applying to DDOT's One Card
Effective January 1 All DCPS High Schools and Middle Schools Will Need the DC One Card To Access Transit Subsidy Benefits
Students and parents may begin applying online for the school transit subsidy program at dconecard.dc.gov/manage.
Students and parents are advised not to wait until school resumes after the holidays to apply for the transit subsidy program as this may cause a delay in receiving the benefits.
Beginning January 1, 2012, eligible students at all DCPS high schools and middle schools will need a DC One Card to access transit subsidy passes.
If students do not have a DC One Card, they should contact their school’s main office immediately to let them know a card is needed in order to access student travel subsidies. The same requirement will also apply to all DCPS K-5 schools and all DCPS educational campuses beginning on January 16.
The school transit subsidy program provides reduced fares for District students who use Metrobus, Metrorail or the DC Circulator to travel to and from school. Students can begin applying online for the Transit Subsidy Program beginning on December 16, 2011.
With the DC One Card students will only have to visit a Metro Sales Office once every school year, provided they don’t let their pass expire, and will be able to renew their monthly pass at any Metro station. Students will also be able to enroll online and receive partial refunds for lost or stolen passes.
The DC One Card is a single identification card that gives students access to D.C. government programs and facilities, recreation centers, libraries, and the Metro.
Students in high and middle schools should automatically receive a DC One Card at their school. If students have not received their DC One Card they should immediately contact the principal’s office at their school. Students in K-5 and education campuses will have to go to a DC One Card Customer Service Center to obtain a DC One Card. Additional information about obtaining the DC One Card can be found by visiting dconecard.dc.gov or by calling 202-671-2273.
The School Transit Subsidy Program may be accessed by following these simple steps:
1. Apply Online
2. Activate Card and Purchase Passes
- Activate the card at a Metrorail station Passes & Farecards machine by tapping the DC One Card and pressing “Cancel Transaction.” By activating the card it will be upgraded and enabled to accept the student pass. The card will only need to be activated once.
- After applying online students will receive a Student Transit Subsidy Eligibility Letter which they must print and take along with their DC One Card to a Metro sales office to activate the card and purchase the fare media.
- There are four sales offices located within the District, three of them convenient to Metro stations: Anacostia Metro station at 1101 Howard Road, SE; Metro Center station at 607 13th Street, NW and the Metro Headquarters at 600 5th Street, NW. The fourth Metro sales office is located in the Northern Metro Bus Garage at 4615 14th Street, NW.
- To purchase passes, show the DC One Card and eligibility letter to the sales clerk at a Metro sales office. There are three types of passes available: unlimited monthly, 10 rail rides, or 10 bus rides. After paying the sales clerk the pass will be added to the DC One Card. After payment, students can begin using their DC One Card aboard Metrorail, Metrobus or DC Circulator.
3. Register Card
- Students are encouraged to register their DC One Card. By doing so a partial credit can be obtained for a lost or stolen pass. Specific details about credit refund amounts are listed under the Frequently Asked Questions section at ddot.dc.gov/schooltransitsubsidy
- Register the card at www.smartrip.com and click on Register Your Card.
4. Renew the Pass
- Future monthly passes can be renewed by going to any Metrorail station before the end of the month.
- Use the Passes & Farecards machines in any Metro station and pay to load your discounted monthly pass onto your card. Specific details about renewing a pass are listed under the Frequently Asked Questions section at ddot.dc.gov/schooltransitsubsidy
- Renew the pass before the end of the month. Otherwise, you will be required to print out the Eligibility Letter again and return to a Metro sales office to buy a pass.
- To purchase 10-trip passes or renew an expired monthly pass, print out and bring the Eligibility Letter to the sales office each time.
For more information about the School Transit Subsidy Program, please call 202-673-1740 or visit: ddot.dc.gov/schooltransitsubsidy.