Application and selection process
Who is eligible?
The fellowship is open to all current DCPS teachers and instructional coaches.
How to apply
Before starting the online application process, please prepare the following
- A resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format – please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org once you complete the application.
- Two DCPS references, with email addresses and phone numbers
- Your responses to three essay questions (respond to the first and choose two out of the last three to respond to). Responses should be pasted into the online application:
- Why are you interested in becoming a TCTL Fellow and how have your personal and professional experiences prepared you for this opportunity?
Choose two of the following three questions to respond to:
- DCPS is committed to strengthening literacy instruction across all grade levels and subject areas. In your opinion, what investments in schools would have the biggest impact on the quality of literacy instruction?
- DCPS began implementing the LIFT career ladder program this year. As we look ahead to the 2013-14 school year, what are some changes we could make to improve LIFT and retain our high performing teachers?
- We know that frequent and targeted feedback is one of the most important levers in driving teacher improvement and student achievement. As a teacher, how often do you receive feedback? What type of feedback is most helpful in your development and who delivers this feedback?
The application should take about 20 minutes to complete (excluding time for essay preparation). You will be asked to fill in personal information, list references, respond to the essay questions, and to describe your particular topics of interest.
- Online application open: Feb. 20, 2013
- Applications are due Friday, March 15, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
- Finalist interviews: April 10-12
- Notification of final decisions: mid-to-late April