Application and selection process
Who is eligible?
The fellowship is open to all current DCPS teachers and instructional coaches.
How to apply
Before starting the online application process, please prepare the following:
- A resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format – please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org once you complete the application.
- Two DCPS references, with email addresses and phone numbers
- Your responses to three essay questions (respond to the first and choose two out of the last three to respond to). Responses should be pasted into the online application:
- Why are you interested in becoming a TCTL Fellow and how have your personal and professional experiences prepared you for this opportunity?
Choose two of the following three questions to respond to:
2. If you could design professional development (this can include sessions, coaching, mentorships, learning communities or anything else you can think of) to best meet your needs at this point in your teaching career, what would it be and why?
3.How can DCPS schools promote positive school culture and morale so that school leaders, teachers, and staff contribute to an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust among colleagues?
4.DCPS is continuing to focus on bringing great teachers to our 40 lowest-performing schools. If you were asked to share reasons why a new teacher should consider the 40 Targeted Schools, what information might you share with this recruit? Are there additional incentives we should consider providing to incoming teachers (internal and external) to continue to build a strong teaching force in these schools?
The application should take about 20 minutes to complete (excluding time for essay preparation). You will be asked to fill in personal information, list references, respond to the essay questions, and to describe your particular topics of interest.
- Applications are due Monday, March 10, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
- Finalist interviews: March 20-28
- Notification of final decisions: mid April