-DCPS is initially planning to spend $488M to directly fund schools in FY12.
- The average per pupil expenditure* breaks down as follows:
• Elementary: $10,569/student
• K-8: $10,899/student
• Middle School: $10,888/student
• High School: $9,796/student
*Per Pupil funding is determined by dividing total student enrollment by total budget allocation.
- The minimum per pupil funding is $8,400/student. No school will fund their students below this level.
- For FY12, the average cost (salary and benefits) of a teacher is $90,681. Each school is responsible for budgeting this amount for each classroom teacher on staff.