The Citywide Data Warehouse (CityDW) created the District of Columbia Data Catalog (DC Data Catalog) to support the exchange of District agency information by providing access to over 400 data sets through partnerships with OCTO's GIS group and DC government agencies.
The DC Data Catalog provides shared, real-time data feeds of information ranging from construction projects and 311 service requests to juvenile crime data and government employee credit card transactions. CityDW delivers data feeds to users in Atom format and access to data via the additional formats:
1) Text/CSV that allows users to view data in a spreadsheet.
2) XML, which allows the user via automated programs to view raw data contained in XML files.
3) ESRI, which provides “non-operational” data used for consumption by ESRI-compatible mapping applications.
4) KML, which is used by geographical web-based visualizations such as Google Earth and Google Maps to present geospatial information to the user.
DC Data Catalog and live data feeds have received accolades in the form of national award, recognition by industry experts, and positive responses by the general public. District of Columbia’s Data Feeds: Democratization of Government Data is the winner of the 2009 Innovations in American Government Award in Urban Policy
Support the exchange of District agency information through data feeds.
Service at a Glance
Provided By: OCTO
Location: 200 I Street SE, 5th Floor Washington, DC 20003
Request this Service
- DC Atlas Plus
- GIS Web Services for Web Development
No Related Documents
- DC's Data Feeds Wins Innovations in American Government Award
- District Launches New "TrackDC"
- District of Columbia Launches New Data Visualization Tools
- DC Announces Winners in Second “Applications For Democracy” Contest
- District of Columbia Announces Second - Apps for Democracy Contest
No Related Photos
No Related Videos