OCTO GIS serves as the central repository for all published District data and provides web and CD/DVD distribution services. The DC Office of Planning (OP) also provides data at low cost and provides CD data distribution and hard copy mapping services.
Consistent with the District of Columbia Official Code (2001 Edition, Division I. Government of District. Title 2. Government Administration. Chapter 5. Administrative Procedure. Subchapter II. Freedom of Information), DC GIS shall normally make digital data available to all District
and Federal agencies and the public at large at no cost, subject to security, confidentiality, and licensing restrictions. When substantial costs are incurred, agencies may charge fees up to the amount of those costs. This policy sets up three levels of data distributions:
- Public: Data that is made available to everyone.
- Government: Data that is made available only to other District agencies and cooperating Federal and regional governments. Metadata distribution may also be limited to government, but by default is shared with the public.
- Restricted: Data that is restricted for security or confidentiality reasons. Restricted data is handled on a case-by-case base. Metadata for these datasets may also be restricted on a case-by-case basis.
Serving the DC GIS community as the central repository for all published District data, providing web and CD/DVD distribution services.
Service at a Glance
Provided By: OCTO
Phone: (202) 727-1761
Frequency: Every Day
Location: 200 I Street SE, 5th Floor Washington, DC 20003
Request this Service
- Data Catalog
- Addressing and Property Standards
- Coordinate System Standards
- File Formats, Layer Naming and Attribution
- Geospatial Metadata Standards
- Planimetric Mapping Standards
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- GIS Steering Committee
Federated Geospatial Data Model
No Related News
No Related Photos
No Related Videos