For horizontal coordinates, the standard is the Maryland state plane coordinate system of the American Datum of 1983 (NAD83), as updated in 1991. For vertical coordinates, the standard is the North American Vertical Datum of 1988 (NAVD88). Coordinates are stored in meters.
For more information on this topic, or assistance with re-projecting geographic datasets, please contact the DC GIS program.
Aligning datasets with matching coordinate systems to ensure data consistency accross desktop and web mapping applications.
Service at a Glance
Provided By: OCTO
Phone: (202) 727-1761
Frequency: Every Day
Location: 200 I Street SE, 5th Floor Washington, DC 20003
Request this Service
- Addressing and Property Standards
- Data Distribution and Security
- Desktop and Database Software
- File Formats, Layer Naming and Attribution
- Geospatial Metadata Standards
- Planimetric Mapping Standards
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- GIS Steering Committee
No Related Documents
No Related News
No Related Photos
No Related Videos