February 05, 2008
Geospatial Data Published in February of 2008
OCTO works to keep geospatial data current and introduces new and valuable GIS layers to the District government and public.
Learn about the most recent GIS data updates to the District's comprehensive geospatial database.
The DC GIS program operates a data maintenance and enhancement program to keep data current and introduce new and valuable GIS layers to the District government and public. The most recent data additions and updates to the DC GIS data services are:
- Air Right Lot (AirRightsLotsPt)
- Alley Line (AlleyLn)
- Appropriation (AppropriationsPly)
- Building Restriction (BuildingRestrictionLn)
- CAMA Condominium (CamaCommPt)
- CAMA Commercial (CamaCommPt)
- CAMA Residential (CamaResPt)
- Highway Plan (HighwayPlanLn)
- Liquor License (AbraLicenseePt)
- Neighborhood Investment Fund Area (NIFPly)
- Overlay Zone (OvrlyZnPly)
- Owner Polygon (OwnerPly)
- Owner Point (OwnerPt)
- Parcel Lot (ParcelsLotsPt)
- Private Right of Way (PrivateRightofWaysLn)
- Public School (PubSchPt) - Includes 2007/2008 enrollment counts.
- Planned Unit Developments (PUDPly)
- Sale Point (SalePt)
- Tax Lot (TaxLotsPly)
- Tax Increment Financing Area (TIFPly)
- Zoning (ZoningPly)
Also included are District Department of Transportation (DDOT) Layers:
- Bike Route - Signed (SignedBikeRoute)
- Parking Meter (ParkingMeter)
- Portable Dynamic Sign Message (PDMS)
- Residential Parking Permit Block Location (RPPBlocks)
- Signalized Intersection (AcisaInterstion)
- Snow Area (SnowArea)
- Snow Zone (SnowZone)
- Specialty Lighting (SpecialtyLighting)
- Street Centerline (StreetSegmentLn) - More comprehensive address range information.
- Street Light (StreetLight)
- Traffic Cabinet (TrafficCabinet)
- Traffic Camera (CCTV)
- Transportation Study Area (TranspStudyArea)
For District government, the data is available in the DC GIS Central geodatabase, accessible through Citrix on the DC GIS tool bar.
For the public, the data is accessible through the DC GIS Data Clearinghouse/Catalog search engine. Enter a keyword or layer name into the search field to return metadata and download options. Download options are available for both ESRI and Google formats. DC GIS data can also filtered by layer theme for grouped results. The advanced search allows for specialized searching.
If you have any comments about the site or experience any difficulties, please email us.