(WASHINGTON, DC) -- In preparation for the winter season, Mayor Gray and agency officials will participate in a Severe Winter Weather Tabletop Exercise (TTX) December 1. The goal of the exercise is to engage agency officials, D.C. Council staff, business leaders, community stakeholders and as regional and federal partners in the practice and discussion of severe-winter-weather scenarios involving agency preparedness, planning, response and recovery for both large and small events.
WHAT/WHO: Mayor Vincent C. Gray, D.C. agency directors, D.C. Council staff, regional and federal partners, and business and community leaders will participate in a severe-winter-weather tabletop exercise in preparation for the upcoming season.
WHEN/WHERE: Thursday, December 1, 2011
9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Headquarters 2 Building (HQ2)
1900 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20431
PRESS AVAIL: Media are encouraged to attend the exercise from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Mayor Gray will offer comments between 10:15 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
The DC Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency (HSEMA) is hosting Mayor Gray’s winter preparation practice exercise to ensure government readiness, to prepare residents and stakeholders to mitigate the consequences of severe winter weather and to provide an opportunity for participants to identify and discuss operations efficiencies during severe-winter-weather events.
Mayor Gray is committed to ensuring public safety and continuity of government operations under the most extreme conditions. Agency directors are required to attend the session.
Invitees include (but are not limited to):
· Council of the District of Columbia and their Chiefs of Staff;
· Advisory Neighborhood Commissions (ANCs);
· D.C. Agencies and Departments;
· Executive Directors of the Business Improvement Districts (BIDs);
· Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA);
· Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments;
· American Red Cross - National Capital Area;
· United Planning Organization (UPO);
· D.C. National Guard;
· U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS),
· Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA);
· FEMA’s Office of National Capital Region Coordination (ONCRC);
· Destination DC;
· District of Columbia Hospital Association (DCHA);
· Hotel Association of DC; and
· Consortium of Universities of the Washington Metropolitan Area.
For more information on the Severe Winter Weather TTX, please contact Jamie Quarrelles at 202-481-3078 or email@example.com. http://hsema.dc.gov