The DC Department of Parks and Recreation will offer full day Spring Break Camp programs for children ages 3-12 in recreation centers throughout the city from April 1, 2013 -April 5, 2013. DPR provides youth with a variety of structured games, activities, sports, arts and crafts, and field trips. Our goal is to plant the seeds of personal development and environmental responsibility in a fun, engaging recreation setting.
Activities within the program will include sports, games, character education exercises, and art and crafts. All camps will also go swimming and take at least one field trip.
Please note: Breakfast and lunch will not be provided. Please plan to send your child with a lunch each day and an afternoon snack. In an effort to be mindful of allergies, we ask that you refrain from sending your child with any peanut or other nut products. Participants should wear comfortable clothes and sneakers. We suggest that they also bring a reusable water bottle. Participants in the 3-5 year old camp will need a blanket as well.
3-5 year olds:
- Guy Mason Recreation Center
- Deanwood Recreation Center
6-12 year olds:
- Columbia Heights Community Center
- Volta Park Recreation Center
- Jelleff Recreation Center
- Chevy Chase Community Center
- Lamond Recreation Center
- Turkey Thicket Recreation Center
- Kennedy Recreation Center
- Sherwood Recreation Center
- Deanwood Recreation Center
- Bald Eagle Recreation Center
Registration for the 2013 Spring Break Camp will open on Monday, February 25th, 2013 at 10:00 am. Space fills on a first-come, first-serve basis and enrollment is subject to availability. It is recommended that parents create an online DPR account for all members of their family in our registration system prior to the registration period in order to be best prepared. After registering, parents will be sent a Spring Break Camp waiver. The waiver will need to be signed and brought with the child to camp on Monday, April 1st, 2013. Participants without a signed waiver will not be able to participate in the program.
After registration has opened, follow the steps below to register:
- Go to the Spring Break Camp listing page.
- Click the "Register Now" button for the Spring Break Camp you desire.
- (Optional) Before checking out go to the Before & After Care listing page and repeat Step 2 for the appropriate Before & After Care session.
- When you are ready to proceed, click "Checkout."
- When asked to sign in, enter your account information or create a new account. (See How To - Create a DPR Account for more information)
- Complete your enrollment by reviewing your invoice and paying the amount due.
- Print a copy of your invoice for your records.
All refund requests must be received by the Camping Office no later than Friday, March 29, 2013 in order to be considered for a refund. Refund requests may be submitted by completing a refund request form and returning it to the Camping Office by fax, e-mail, or in-person. There is a 10% non-refundable processing fee per refunded session. Refund request forms can be found under Related Documents below or may be picked up at the Camping Office.
- $50 per child; due at registration (please see refund policy below)
- $10 per child for Before-/After-care; due at registration
Spring Break Camps provide week-long programming for youth during the week of DCPS Spring Break.