• The Activity Registration process automatically establishes a DPR account for participants.
Registration for all activities and classes will begin no more than eight weeks prior to the publicized start date.
• All activities/classes have a minimum and a maximum enrollment and are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
• Registration can be completed via telephone, internet, or walk-in. Walk-in registration is accepted at all 16 pilot demonstration sites.
• Although walk-in registrations are accepted, priority will be given to registrants who complete the registration process online.
• Internet registrations are processed as soon as they are received.
• No registration is complete until full payment is received.
• DPR accepts checks, money orders, Visa, and MasterCard.
• Checks and money orders must be made payable to DC Treasurer.
• An ActiveNet-generated receipt serves as confirmation of payment.
• There is a $65.00 return check fee issued by the DC Treasurer.
• Wait lists are established as soon as an activity or class is full. Persons who are on a wait list must inquire as to vacancies. If vacancies occur, District residents will receive priority.
• Parents or guardians of children have the responsibility of informing the staff of any reasonable accommodations necessary for their children's participation in any DPR program offerings.
• It is the responsibility of adult registrants to notify staff of any reasonable accommodations necessary for their participation in any DPR program offerings.
(Note: The District of Columbia does not save any credit card information. The information collected during the purchase of a good or service is used only for the duration of the transaction and will not be permanently retained.)
• If DPR cancels an activity or class, the fee will be refunded or credited to the participant's DPR account upon request.
• DPR reserves the right to cancel an activity/class after one session for insufficient enrollment.
• Participant cancellations can be made via telephone or in person at the site where the activity or class is being offered. Cancellations must be made no less than 48 hours before the first session.
• Participant cancellations are not available online.
• Refunds of less than $10.00 will be maintained as a credit to the participant's DPR account.
• Refunds over $10.00 will be mailed from the DC Treasury. Allow 30 days for processing.
• Credit card refunds are processed immediately and applied as credit to the participant's credit card account.
• Customers will be charged a 10% fee on all refunds except when the refund is due to a cancellation of a class or other related DPR change.
• No refunds are made after the first game for a sports activity.
• Refunds for trips are made only if a cancellation is received 5 days before the scheduled trip. If a trip requires an advance deposit for lodging and meals, a NO REFUND policy is in effect.
• Some activities have a NO REFUND policy. Please refer to the written activity description to determine if this policy is in effect.
DPR's policy allows for credit to a participant's DPR account if, after attending the first day of an activity or class, the participant is not completely satisfied and notifies DPR within two days after attending. The credit will be applied to any other class/activity within one year from the date of issue. This policy does not apply to missed classes/activities, facility rentals, adult sports leagues, sporting events, and transportation costs to entertainment.