DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-7647
DPR Camps/Seasonal Programs Office: (202) 671-0321
DPR Media Contact: John Stokes, (202) 288-7275, firstname.lastname@example.org
(WASHINGTON, DC) – The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) will offer DPR Winter Wondercamps in conjunction with the DC Public Schools (DCPS) winter holiday break. DPR will operate the Winter Wondercamp in two sessions, from Wednesday, December 26, 2012 through Friday, December 28, 2012 and Wednesday, January 2, 2013 through Friday, January 4, 2013 at select recreation centers.
Camps will operate from 9 am to 5 pm, with before-care from 8 am to 9 am and after-care from 5 pm to 6 pm. The fees are $30 per session for the camp and $10 per session for before and after-care. Lunch will not be provided, however parents are encouraged to send children with a brown bag lunch and any additional snacks for the day. (Please note that DPR's Camp Policy on food and snacks should be adhered to.) Winter Wondercamp is offered for children ages 3 to 5 years old and 6 to 12 years old.
The theme for Winter Wondercamp will incorporate DPR’s “Move, Grow, and Be Green” initiative. The camps, specifically catered to each of the two ages groups, will include sports activities, arts & crafts, and at least one field trip. Activities will not only incorporate personal development and environmental responsibility components, but they will also challenge and engage camp participants.
The select DPR Winter Wonderland camp sites are as follows:
- Ward 1: Columbia Heights Community Center (1480 Girard Street, NW) : Ages 6 - 12
- Ward 2: Volta Park Recreation Center (1555 34th Street, NW) : Ages 6 - 12
Jelleff Recreation Center (3265 S Street, NW) : Ages 6 - 12
- Ward 3: Hardy Recreation Center (4500 Q Street, NW) : Ages 6 - 12
- Ward 4: Riggs LaSalle Recreation Center (501 Riggs Road, NE) : Ages 6 - 12
- Ward 5: Trinidad Recreation Center (1310 Childress Street, NE) : Ages 3 - 5
Turkey Thicket Recreation Center (1100 Michigan Avenue, NE) : Ages 6 - 12
- Ward 6: Kennedy Recreation Center (1401 7th Street, NW) : Ages 6 - 12
Sherwood Recreation Center (640 10th Street, NE) : Ages 6 - 12
- Ward 7: Deanwood Recreation Center (1350 49th Street, NE) : Ages 3 - 5 & ages 6 - 12
- Ward 8: Bald Eagle Recreation Center (100 Joliet Street, SW) : Ages 6 - 12
Registration is only available online and is based on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is recommended that first time users create a DPR account prior to attempting to register.
- Go to the Winter Wondercamp web page and click on the Sign up for Winter Wondercamp link.
- Select the program you would like to enroll your child in. Programs will be added automatically into your cart.
- Complete registration with payment.
- Remember, before and after-care must be registered for separately.
- Registration fee is $30 per child, per session. Registration fees are non-refundable, non-transferable, and due at time of registration. The before and after-care fees are $10 per child, per session. These fees are also non-refundable, non-transferable, and due at time of registration.
For more information on DPR Winter Wondercamp contact DPR's Seasonal Programs office at (202) 671-0321.
For information on DPR programs & activities and the most up-to-date information, be sure to
follow DPR on Facebook, Twitter, Join our Mailing List or visit the DPR Website.