November 19, 2012
DPR Announces the 2012 Thanksgiving Holiday Schedule
All DPR Recreation Centers & Aquatic Facilities will be closed on Thursday, November 22, 2012
DPR Customer Service: (202) 673-7647
DPR Media Contact: John Stokes, (202) 288-7275, email@example.com
(Washington, DC) – In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, all DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) facilities will operate on the following schedule for the holiday weekend:
- Wednesday, November 23, 2012, the day before Thanksgiving, all DPR recreation centers and aquatic facilities will close at 6:30 pm.
- Thursday, November 22, 2012, Thanksgiving Day, all DPR facilities and offices will be closed.
- There are no permitted recreation center or fields activities for the day.
- All grass fields are closed for the season.
- Parks, playgrounds and synthetic fields will be open for general use.
- Friday, November 23, 2012, DPR facilities will have the following schedule:
- The following Recreation Centers will open from 10 am - 8 pm:
- Ward 1 : Columbia Heights Community Center (1480 Girard St., NW)
- Ward 3 : Chevy Chase Community Center (5601 Connecticut Ave., NW)
Guy Mason Recreation Center (3600 Calvert St., NW
- Ward 4 : Emery Recreation Center (5801 Georgia Ave., NW)
Lamond Recreation Center (20 Tuckerman St., NW)
Riggs LaSalle Recreation Center (501 Riggs Rd., NW)
- Ward 5 : North Michigan Park Recreation Center (1333 Emerson St., NE)
Turkey Thicket Recreation Center (1100 Michigan Ave., NE)
- Ward 6 : King Greenleaf Recreation Center (201 N St., SW)
Kennedy Recreation Center (1401 7th St., NW)
Rosedale Recreation Center (1701 Gales St., NE)
Sherwood Recreation Center (640 10th St., NE)
- Ward 7 : Deanwood Recreation Center (1350 49th St., NE)
Fort Davis Community Center (1400 41st St., SE)
Hillcrest Recreation Center (3100 Denver St., SE)
- Ward 8 : Bald Eagle Recreation Center (100 Joliet St., SW)
- All other DPR Recreation Centers will open from 11:30 am - 8 pm.
- All Aquatics Facilities and DPR Central Office will operate during their normal hours.
- All permitted activities will take place as scheduled.