(Washington, DC) – The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has provided the following information about the Thanksgiving Day Trot for Hunger Run/Walk on Thursday, November 22, 2012 that will take place in the District of Columbia. In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures and parking restrictions that motorists should take into consideration.
The following streets around Freedom Plaza will be closed from 6:00 am to 1:30 pm.
- Pennsylvania Avenue, NW from 14th Street, NW to 12th Street, NW
- 13th Street, NW from E Street, NW to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
The following streets will be closed from 8:00 am to 10:30 am:
- Pennsylvania Avenue, NW from 14th Street, NW to 1st Street, NW
- Constitution Avenue, NW from 4th Street, NW to 17th Street, NW
- E Street, SW between 3rd Street, SW and 4th Street, SW
- 4th Street, SW between E Street, SW and Independence Avenue, SW
- Independence Avenue, SW at 3rd and 4th Street, SW
- Maryland Avenue, SW at 3rd and 1st Street, SW
- 1st Street, NW, between Constitution Avenue, NW and Maryland Avenue, SW
Due to the heavy pedestrian crowds associated with this event, motorists are encouraged to exercise caution when traveling in these areas. In addition, those wishing to attend this event are encouraged to use public transportation.
Note: The surrounding areas and streets leading to this event may be closed or affected as well.