(Washington, DC) – The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has provided the following information about the road closures that are planned for the H Street Festival that will take place in northeast Washington on Saturday, September 15.
The following streets will be closed to motorists from 7 am to 9 pm:
- H Street, NE closed from 8th Street, NE to 14th Street, NE
- I Street, NE southbound no traffic at the following intersections:
- 9th Street through 13th Street, NE
- G Street at the intersection of 10th Street, NE through
13th Street, NE
- No traffic north on 13th Street, NE and Wylie Street, NE, no south bound traffic
These street closings are subject to change without notice based upon unanticipated events and prevailing conditions.
Motorists traveling in the area of this event may experience delays and should consider alternative routes if possible.
The Metropolitan Police Department and the District Department of Transportation would like to remind motorists to pay full attention whenever operating any motor vehicle and to be mindful of heavy pedestrian traffic that may be associated with special events.
For details about the H Street Festival please visit: http://hstreet.org/events/festival/ .