(Washington, DC) – The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has provided the following information about street closings for multiple events scheduled to be held this weekend.
Lawyers Have a Heart 10K Race
The Lawyers Have a Heart 10K Race is scheduled to be held on Saturday, June 9, 2012. In order to facilitate this event there will be no vehicular traffic allowed along the route of the race. Street closures will begin at 5:30 am. All streets affected by this event are expected to be reopened at approximately 11:00 am, depending on prevailing conditions.
Street closings beginning at approximately 5:30 am:
- Canal Road, NW from Reservoir Road to Foxhall Road
- K Street from Wisconsin Avenue to 27th Street, NW
- Whitehurst Freeway from K Street to Canal Road, NW
The race will proceed along the following route:
- Race starts under the Whitehurst freeway at 31st & K Streets, NW
- Proceeds east on K Street, NW to 27th Street, NW
- U-turn and continue west on the Whitehurst Freeway
- Merge west on Canal Road, NW
- Continue on Canal Road to reservoir Road, NW
- U-turn and continue east on Canal Road, NW
- Merge east onto the Whitehurst Freeway
- U-turn and continue west on K Street, NW
- West on K Street to the start/finish line
Capital Pride Parade
The Capital Pride Parade will be held on Saturday, June 9, 2012. This event will begin at 4:30 pm and will conclude at approximately 8:30 pm. The staging area will be closed at 1:00 pm. The street closures will remain in effect until 9:30 pm.
- East on P St from 23rd St NW
- Clockwise around Dupont Circle
- North on New Hampshire Ave
- East on R St
- South on 17th St
- East on P St
- South on 14th to N Street NW to the disbanding area
- 25th St NW between M & N ( Staging Area)
- 24th St NW between M & N ( Staging Area)
- 23rd St NW between M & P ( Staging Area)
- N St NW between 22nd & 25th
- M St NW between 22nd & 25th
Capital Pride Festival
The Capital Pride Festival will be held on Sunday, June 10, 2012. This event will begin at 11:00 am. The following street closures will be implemented beginning at 7:00 pm on Saturday, June 9.
- 3rd & Pennsylvania Avenue, NW – No traffic West
- 3rd & Constitution Avenue, NW – No traffic West
- 4th & Madison Drive, NW- No traffic North
- 7th & Constitution Avenue, NW – No traffic East
- 7th & Pennsylvania Avenue, NW – No traffic East
- 6th & C. Street, NW – No traffic South
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of these events and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the Department of Transportation also wish to remind motorists in the vicinity of these events to proceed with caution as increased vehicular and pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.