Story at a Glance
Motorists traveling in the area of this event may encounter traffic delays and heavy pedestrian traffic due to the road closures.
WASHINGTON, DC — The Komen Global Race for the Cure is scheduled to take place on Saturday, May 11, 2013. According to the event planner, the following roads will be closed for the event:
The following road closures will be in effect from 3 am to 12:30 pm.
- 15th Street between Constitution Avenue, NW and Independence Avenue, SW
- Madison Drive, NW between 14th Street and 15th Street
- Jefferson Drive, SW between 14th Street and 15th Street
The following road closures will be in effect from 5 am to 11 am.
- Independence Avenue, SW between 15th Street and 17th Street
The following road closures will be in effect from 6 am to 11 am.
- Independence Avenue, SW between 14th Street and 23rd Street
- Maine Avenue, SW between I-395 and Independence Avenue
- East Basin Drive, SW between Maine Avenue and Ohio Drive
- Ohio Drive, SW
- 23rd Street, SW between the Lincoln Memorial and Independence Avenue
- West Basin Drive, SW between Ohio Drive and Independence Avenue
- 17th Street, SW between Constitution Avenue and Independence Avenue
Motorists traveling in the area of this event may experience delays and should consider alternative routes, if possible.
The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) would like to remind motorists to pay full attention whenever operating any motor vehicle and to be mindful of heavy pedestrian traffic that may be associated with special events. In addition, those wishing to attend this event are encouraged to use public transportation.