Story at a Glance
Multiple street closures and parking restrictions are scheduled to occur this weekend.
(Washington, DC) The Metropolitan Police Department has provided the following information regarding street closures and parking restrictions that will occur this weekend.
TASTE OF DC
This event is scheduled to take place Saturday, October 8 through Monday, October 10. The following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 8 pm tonight and are scheduled to reopen at 3 am on Tuesday, October 11:
- Pennsylvania Avenue, NW will be closed from 9th Street to 14th Street
- 10th Street, NW will be closed from E Street to Constitution Avenue
- 11th Street, NW will be closed from E Street to Pennsylvania Avenue
- 12th Street, NW will be closed from E Street to Constitution Avenue
- 13th Street, NW will be closed from E Street to Pennsylvania Avenue
For more information about the Taste of DC, please visit the event’s website at www.thetasteofdc.org.
27th ANNUAL ARMY MILER
This event is scheduled for Sunday, October 9, 2011. The following streets will be intermittently closed along the race route beginning approximately at 7:30 am and should reopen by 12 pm.
The race route is to originate along Washington Boulevard (Route 27) in Arlington, Virginia and progress across the Arlington Memorial Bridge into the District of Columbia. Once in the District, runners are to take the following route, prior to its conclusion in Arlington:
- Crossing the Arlington Memorial Bridge around Lincoln Circle to Henry Bacon Drive
- East on Constitution Avenue, NW
- North on 19th Street, NW
- West on Virginia Avenue, NW
- South on Rock Creek Parkway, NW to Ohio Drive, SW
- East on Independence Avenue, SW (runners will take the Westbound side)
- Northeast on Maryland Avenue, SW
- South on 1st Street, NW (crossing Peace Circle and Garfield Circle)
- West on Independence Avenue, SW (runners will stay on the left side)
- South on 14th Street, NW to Interstate 395
This event is scheduled for Sunday, October 9, 2011 from 6 am to 7 pm. The following streets will be closed:
- 3rd Street will be closed at G street, NW with no southbound traffic on 3rd Street
- F Street will be closed at 4th Street, NW with no traffic on F Street
- 3rd Street between 1-395 Ramp and G Street, NW with no traffic North on 3rd Street
US ARMY CONVENTION
This event is scheduled for Monday, October 10 through Wednesday, October 12 at the Washington Convention Center. The following streets will be closed starting at 6:30 am on October 10 through 11 pm on October 12:
- L Street between 7th and 9th Streets, NW
The above streets will be closed to motorists. Parking restrictions will be in effect and parking will not be permitted.
Due to the extremely heavy pedestrian crowds associated with these events, motorists are encouraged to exercise extreme caution when traveling in these areas. In addition, those wishing to attend these events are encouraged to use public transportation.