Story at a Glance
Due to a scheduled Pepco outage the following lights will be turned off tonight:
- 14th Street Bridge and its overhead signs
- Intersection of 14th and C Streets, SW
- Intersection of Maine Avenue, SW and East Basin Driv
(Washington, DC) The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is advising travelers that due to a scheduled Pepco outage the lights that illuminate the 14th Street Bridge and its overhead signs will be turned off tonight. The outage – for electrical work under the bridge – will also impact two traffic signals on the District side of the bridge:
- Intersection of 14th and C Streets, SW, DDOT will deploy a portable generator to power the traffic signals
- Intersection of Maine Avenue, SW and East Basin Drive, DDOT will deploy portable stop signs
The outage will begin at 10 pm tonight, Tuesday, February 15 and power will be restored by 6 am on Wednesday, February 16.
Travelers are urged to slow down and use caution on the bridge and the impacted streets during the outage.