WASHINTON, DC — The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has provided the following information about scheduled street closures for multiple events that are scheduled to be held from Saturday, May 25, 2013 to Monday, May 27, 2013.
To facilitate these events there will be no vehicular traffic allowed along the routes. Motorists should expect delays during these events. Individuals who have issues to be resolved or questions regarding traffic access during these events should call (202) 727-9099.
Saturday, May 25, 2013 to Monday, May 27, 2013
Annual Thunder Alley
Rolling Thunder will kick off its Annual Thunder Alley on Saturday, May 25, 2013. The following streets will be affected on Saturday, May 25, 2013 from 9 am to 9 pm, Sunday, May 26, 2013 from 9 am to 9 pm and Monday, May 27, 2013 from 9 am to 5 pm.
- 22nd Street, NW between C Street and Constitution Avenue, NW.
Sunday, May 26, 2013
Rolling Thunder Rally
On Sunday, May 26, 2013, the Rolling Thunder Rally will take place from 10:30 am until 4:30 pm. In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures that motorists should take into consideration. For more information on Thunder Alley and Rolling Thunder Rally, please visit RollingThunderRun.com .
- Route will begin at the Pentagon and travel across the Lincoln Memorial Bridge (Eastbound)
- North on 23rd Street, NW
- Right turn on Constitution Avenue, NW
- East along Constitution Avenue, NW
- Right on 3rd Street, NW
- South on 3rd Street, NW
- Right on Independence Avenue, SW
- West along Independence Avenue, SW until Ohio Drive, SW
- West on Ohio Drive, SW until West Potomac Park (disband).
- The stage and rally point is located near the Korean Memorial in West Potomac Park (USPP Territory).
Monday, May 27, 2013
National Memorial Day Parade
On Monday, May 27, 2013, the National Memorial Day Parade will take place from 2 pm until 5 pm.
The streets along the following route will be closed from 9 am to 6 pm.
- Starting from 7th Street, NW and Constitution Avenue, NW ending at 23rd Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
- Also closed: 7th Street, NW from Constitution Avenue to Independence Avenue, SW
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of these events and may wish to consider alternative routes. MPD and the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) also wish to remind motorists in the vicinity of these events to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.