WASHINGTON, DC — The District Department of Transporation (DDOT) announced it will be taking the opportunity presented by the street closures on 14th and F Streets to perform milling, resurfacing and restriping work on 14th Street NW and sections of the intersecting streets.
“This step allows us to take full advantage of current street closures,” said DDOT Director Terry Bellamy. “By performing these upgrades we are going to ensure that when the roadway reopens it’s in better shape than when it closed.”
This activity will not expand the closed area and will not disrupt or delay the current emergency utility repair work occurring at 14th and F Streets. As part of this activity DDOT plans to mill, resurface and restripe the following streets:
- 14th Street NW – Pennsylvania Avenue NW to New York Avenue NW
- G Street NW – 13th Street NW to 15th Street NW
- F Street NW – 13th Street NW to 15th Street NW
DDOT will start the milling and paving operation on 14th Street NW at 8:00 pm today and plans to continue the remainder of the work while the closures on 14th and F Streets remain in place.
Maintenance of Traffic Plan:
14th Street NW between New York Avenue NW and G Street NW
- One traffic lane will be maintained in both directions.
14th Street NW between G Street NW and Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- Two southbound traffic lanes will be maintained.
G Street NW between 13th and 15th Streets NW
- One traffic lane will be maintained in both directions. Parking restrictions will apply.
F Street NW between 13th and 15th Streets NW
- The road is currently closed. Limited local traffic access will be maintained.
For up to date related traffic alerts follow DDOT on Twitter at @ddotdc .