Story at a Glance
The first pitch is scheduled for 8:37 pm, and MPD officers and DDOT traffic control personnel will be deployed at intersections before and after the game to guide fans to and from the ballpark.
(Washington, DC) – The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) and the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) are preparing for the 3rd straight postseason baseball game at Nationals Park this evening. The first pitch is scheduled for 8:37 pm, and MPD officers and DDOT traffic control personnel will be deployed at intersections before and after the game to guide fans to and from the ballpark. Fans are reminded to drive with caution in the area and follow the directions of traffic officers.
The road closures that were in place for the games on Wednesday and Thursday will be implemented for today’s game as well, at the times listed below:
- N Street SE, from 1st Street to S. Capitol Street will be closed at 12:30 pm
- Half Street SE from M Street to N Street, will be closed at 12:30 pm
- Van Street SE, from M Street to N Street, will be closed at 12:30 pm and accessible to Taxis and stadium traffic
- 1st Street SE, from M Street south to Potomac Avenue will be closed at approximately 6:30 pm and accessible to stadium traffic only.
- Potomac Avenue SE, from S. Capitol to 1st Street will be closed at approximately 6:30 pm and accessible to stadium traffic only
The gates at Nationals Park will expected to open at 6 pm this evening, and fans are encouraged to allow extra time to get to their seats.
Information about transportation options and routes to the stadium is available online at www.nationals.com/waytogo .
The DC Circulator will extend service on the Union Station – Navy Yard route until 1 am (or until the game ends). For more information visit www.DCCirculator.com .
Metrorail service runs until 3 am on weekend nights and Metro will run extra 8-car Green Line trains between the Anacostia and Mt. Vernon Square stations following the game. Metro also will delay the start of planned weekend track work to accommodate baseball fans heading home tonight.
Once again, Capital Bikeshare and its operator Alta Bicycle Share will provide a corral at the N and 1st Street, SE station next to the stadium. Staff will be on hand to check in bikes from members before the games, and the bikes will be available after the games as well. There are other Bikeshare stations in close proximity as well. For more information visit www.CapitalBikeshare.com . More than 200 fans have taken advantage of the corral during the first two home games of the series.