(Washington, DC) The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has provided the following information about the road closures and parking restrictions that are planned for the Chinese New Year Parade and celebration will take place in the District of Columbia from approximately 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm on Sunday, January 29.
Chinese New Year Parade-The Year of the Dragon
- I Street, NW – from 5th Street to 7th Street, NW
- 7th Street, NW – from I Street to G Street, NW
- G Street, NW – from 7th Street to 9th Street, NW
- 8th Street, NW – from G Street to H Street, NW
- H Street, NW – from 8th Street to 6th Street, NW
- 6th Street, NW – from Massachusetts Avenue to G Street, NW
The following streets will be closed, to allow parade assembly, on Sunday, January 29 beginning at 11 am and should reopen by 3:30 pm.
- I Street, NW – from 5th Street to 6th Street, NW
The following streets will also be closed, for the festival, on Sunday, January 29 beginning at 9 am and should reopen by 5 pm.
- H Street, NW – from 6th Street to 7th Street, NW
The above streets will be closed to motorists during the specified date and times.
With other events such as the Auto Show at the Convention Center and the Monster Trucks Show at the Verizon Center also taking place on Sunday, January 29 motorists and travelers are advised there will be additional impacts to the flow of traffic along 3rd Street, 7th Street, 12th Street and H Street between O Street and Pennsylvania Avenue in northwest Washington.
Due to the extremely heavy pedestrian crowds associated with these events, motorists are encouraged to exercise extreme caution when traveling in these areas. In addition, those wishing to attend these events are encouraged to use public transportation.