Scheduled Events include IMF/World Bank Meetings. Travelers should expect delays during these events.
(Washington, DC) The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has provided the following information about multiple events scheduled to be held this weekend. In order to facilitate these events there will be several street closings prohibiting parking and vehicular traffic. Travelers should expect delays during these events.
International Monetary Fund/World Bank Meetings
This is to advise the public of the road closures and parking restrictions during the IMF/World Bank Board of Governors meetings. Beginning at approximately 6:30 am on Friday, September 23, through approximately 5 pm on Sunday, September 25, the following streets surrounding the IMF/World Bank buildings will be closed as stipulated below:
- 19th and G Street, NW intersection – No northbound traffic
- 19th and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW – No southbound traffic
- 18th Street, NW- closing the intersections westbound at H and G Street, NW
- 20th Street, NW-closing the intersections westbound at H and G Street, NW
- 20th Street, NW-closing the intersections eastbound at G and H Street, NW
Streets that lead to these closed streets may also be restricted to local traffic only.
Emergency No Parking
The following Emergency No Parking restrictions will be in effect for the IMF/ World Bank complex from 6:30 am on Friday, September 23 until Sunday, September 25 at 5:00 pm:
- 18th Street, from G Street to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- 19th Street, from G Street to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- 20th Street, from G Street to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- G Street, from 18th Street to 20th Street, NW
- H Street (southern side), from 18th Street to 20th Street, NW
Emergency No Parking signs will be posted by DDOT.
On Friday September 23, from approximately 6:30 am until 12:00 pm, the following streets near DAR Constitution Hall will be closed and emergency no parking restrictions will be in effect:
- C Street, NW – from 17th Street to 18th Street, NW
- D Street, NW – from 17th Street to 18th Street, NW
Barracks Row Fall Festival
This event is scheduled for Saturday, September 24. The following streets will be closed starting at 6:00 am and should reopen by 7:00 pm:
- 8th Street, SE between E and I Streets, will be closed to also include the surrounding streets that lead to 8th Street.
17th Street Festival
This event is scheduled for Saturday, September 24, 2011. The following streets will be closed from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm:
- 17th Street, NW between P and S Streets
Vehicles will not be permitted to cross the festival.
Note: The surrounding areas and streets leading to these events may be closed or affected as well.
For other traffic advisories please visit DDOT’s Traffic Alerts
page or visit goDCgo.com
for information on transportation options in the District