June 15, 2012
Street Closures for PurpleStride 5k Walk/Run
The event is scheduled to be held on Saturday, June 16, 2012, from 8:00 am to 11:00 am
The PurpleStride 5k Walk/Run event is scheduled to be held on Saturday, June 16, 2012, from 8:00 am to 11:00 am.
(Washington, DC) – The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has provided the following information about street closures for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s Purple Stride 5k Walk and Run. This event is scheduled to be held on Saturday, June 16, 2012, from 8:00 am to 11:00 am.
In order to facilitate this event, Pennsylvania Avenue, NW between 13th and 14th Streets (adjacent to Freedom Plaza) will be closed to vehicular traffic from 3:00 am to approximately 1:00 pm.
In addition there will be road closures during the event along the race route, which is as follows:
- Starting at 13th Street, NW and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- Proceed on Pennsylvania Avenue to 3rd Street, NW
- Turn right on 3rd Street and proceed to D Street, SW
- Turn right on D Street and proceed to 4th Street, SW
- Continue on 4th street and turn left on Independence Avenue, SW
- Continue on Independence Avenue to 7th Street and make a U-turn
- Continue back on Independence Avenue and make a slight left onto Maryland Avenue
- Turn left onto 3rd Street and continue to Pennsylvania Avenue
- Turn left on Pennsylvania Avenue and proceed back to Freedom Plaza for the finish line.
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the the Department of Transportation also wish to remind motorists in the vicinity