January 31, 2011
Off-Peak Lane Closures for 11th Street Bridges Project
Periodic closures possible over the next two months; lane closures will not be permitted over holiday weekends.
- Closures Possible Over Next 2 Months
- Lane Closures will not be Permitted over Holiday Weekends
In addition daily, from 9:30 am to 5 am the next morning, both lanes of N Street, SE will be closed between 12th and 11th Street, SE. A signed detour will be provided.
Other off-peak lane closures possible daily Monday through Friday from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm through January 28 are as follows:
- One lane in each direction of I-295/ DC295 between Pennsylvania Avenue and Howard Road.
- The left lane of the inbound 11th Street Bridge and connecting ramp to the SE/SW Freeway.
- One lane of the outbound 11th Street Bridge and the connecting ramp to southbound I-295/DC 295.
- One lane of the ramp from northbound I-295/DC 295 to the inbound 11th Street Bridge.
- One lane of the ramp from the eastbound SE/SW Freeway to the outbound 11th Street Bridge.
- One lane of 12th Street, SE from O to M Street, SE
- One lane of M Street between 11th and 12th Street, SE
- One or both lanes of O Street, SE between 11th and 12th Street, SE with a flagger alternating traffic or signed detour posted as needed.
- Reducing Good Hope Road to one lane between Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue and Anacostia Drive.
Each night Sunday through Thursday from 8 pm to 5 am the next morning closures may include:
- One lane in each direction of I-295/DC 295 between Pennsylvania Avenue and Howard Road.
In the event of inclement weather or other unforeseen conditions, this work may be cancelled, rescheduled or extended as needed and an updated advisory will be distributed.
For more information about this work or the 11th Street Bridge Project, please contact Public Information Manager Bryon Johnston at (202) 484-2330, ext. 137 or visit www.ddot.dc.gov/11thStreetBridge.