Story at a Glance
The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is soliciting Standard Form 330 from experienced Architect-Engineer firms.
- Invitation No.: DCKA-2012-Q-0056
- The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is soliciting Standard Form 330 from experienced Architect-Engineer firms. The form will be used in selecting Architect-Engineering firms to perform the following categories of Architect-Engineering and Architect-Engineering related projects:
- Roadway Design
- Bridge Design
- Constructibility Review and Miscellaneous Design Services
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Traffic Engineering (Streetlight and Traffic Signal)
- Geotechnical Investigations and Studies
- Survey and Mapping
- Environmental Engineering Investigations and Studies
- Transportation Planning Studies
- Transportation Research and Technology Transfer
- Public Participation and Partnering
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Studies
- Railroad Consulting Technical Services
- Urban Design
- Pavement Management and Infrastructure Data Collection Service
- Right-of-Way Services
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Subsurface Utility Engineering
- Building Design
- A more complete description of these categories and Instruction Sheet is accessible via the Office of Contracting and Procurement website at www.ocp.dc.gov and the DDOT website at www.ddot.dc.gov.
- DDOT will make Architect-Engineer Contractor selections in accordance with the provisions of 27 DCMR Chapter 26. Interested vendors desiring consideration for Architect-Engineer contracts may request consideration under one or more categories and a separate submission is not required for each category. DDOT may select firms for more than one category. However, DDOT will award only one contract per Architect-Engineer Contractor. DDOT will include in the one contract all of the categories for which the Architect-Engineer Contractor has been selected.
- DDOT will establish a list of Architect-Engineer Contractors awarded a contract and their selected categories. Award will made to the highest rated offerors at the conclusion of the evaluation process. A panel of DDOT staff will conduct evaluations and make award recommendations to the Contracting Officer. Final selection will be made by the Contracting Officer in accordance with Title 27 DCMR Chapter 26. Individual task orders will be negotiated and issued separately by DDOT after contract award has been made to selected Architect-Engineer Contractors.
- DDOT will award to each selected Architect-Engineering Contractor an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity Contract for a base period of one year with two (2), one (1) year options for a total of (3) three years. DDOT will review the list of awarded contracts at the end of each year, and reserves the right to add or delete Architect-Engineer Contractors at any time during the three-year period.
- There is a minimum order guarantee of one (1) billable hour per awarded contract per year regardless of the number of categories for which the Architect-Engineer Contractor is selected and a maximum of up to $6,000,000.00 per year depending upon the number of categories for which the Architect-Engineer Contractor is selected as follows: 1-4 categories $2 million maximum; 5-9 categories $4 million maximum; 10 categories and above $6 million maximum.
- Vendors desiring consideration for Architect-Engineer contracts should submit one (1) electronic submission of their Standard Form 330, Architect-Engineer Qualifications. All vendors desiring consideration for Architect-Engineer contracts must include all information relating to the firms qualifications in the standard form. Inclusion by reference to other materials is not acceptable. Please see the Instruction Sheet attached to the Scope of Work for additional information. The vendor’s completion of Part 1 Section C indicating potential subcontractors is not required since it is not DDOT’s intent to undertake evaluation of each proposed subcontractor.
- The evaluation criteria for selection are listed below:
- Professional qualifications necessary for satisfactory performance of the required services; twenty (25) points;
- Specialized experience and technical competence in the type of work required; twenty-five (25) points;
- Capacity to accomplish the work in the required time; twenty (25) points; and
- Past performance on contracts with the District Department of Transportation (DDOT), other District governmental entities, and private industry in terms of cost control, quality of work, and compliance with performance schedules; twenty-five (25) points
- A thirty five 35(%) Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) subcontracting goal for firms certified as DBE’s in accordance with 49 CFR Part 26 has been set on this federally assisted contract.
- TITLE VI OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
During the performance of the Contract, the Contractor and any of its subcontractors shall comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. This Act provides that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, or be denied the benefits of or be subject to discrimination in federally funded program and activities. See 42 U.S.C. §2000d et seq.
- The Standard Form 330 from all offerors must be received by e-mail by 2:00 pm on May 4, 2012. Please submit to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Updates to this solicitation will be made available at www.ocp.dc.gov and www.ddot.dc.gov
- The Contracting Officer for this procurement is Mr. Jerry M. Carter. He may be contacted at (202) 671-2270.