Story at a Glance
The District Department of Transportation is soliciting proposals from interested car sharing firms (CSF) to provide rental, use, and maintenance of eighty-six (86) on-street curbside parking spaces designated for the use of carsharing vehicles.
- Project Title: On-Street Parking Spaces for Carsharing Vehicles
- Invitation for Bids No.: DCKA-2011-B-0090
- The District Department of Transportation is soliciting proposals from interested car sharing firms (CSF) to provide rental, use, and maintenance of eighty-six (86) on-street curbside parking spaces designated for the use of carsharing vehicles. The contract will be for a base period of two years. The bidder will meet all requirements specified in the Invitation for Bids (IFB). The contract shall not create financial risks to or burdens upon the District of Columbia (the District), and the operator must fully and unconditionally indemnify DC.
- The bidder shall organize the business, procure necessary equipment, obtain all necessary licenses and permits, and have a complete organization ready to begin service at the start date of the contract.
- The bidder must bid on all 86 spaces. The bidder must bid a minimum of $3,600 per space, but are not required to bid an identical price for all spaces. The bidder must rank order all spaces (as specified in Section C.1.6 of the contact) in their response. The bidder should not change the order of the spaces listed in Section C.1.6, but rather should complete the ranking column. DDOT may award the contract to one or more firms.
- The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) seeks to develop and maintain a cohesive sustainable transportation system that delivers safe, affordable, and convenient ways to move people and goods while protecting and enhancing the natural, environmental, and cultural resources of the District of Columbia.
- 5. The Contractor shall submit a price schedule based on definite-quantity as a payment fee generated by the rental carsharing spaces for the contract period of twenty-four months (two base years).
- Interested vendors desiring consideration for the On-Street Parking Spaces for the Carsharing Vehicles contract should submit their Invitation for Bids.
- If the contract is awarded to more than one bidder, DDOT will award at least one space per Ward to each bidder based on the ranking provided.
- In the event that the District receives bids from five (5) or more bidders, in order to ensure that a company operates in each Ward of the city, the District will only review the bid documents of the four (4) companies with the highest total bid.
- DDOT will make a selection in accordance with the provisions of Title 27 DCMR Chapter 16. The Contracting Officer in accordance with Title 27 DCMR Chapter 16 will make the final selection.
- TITLE VI OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED: During the performance of the Contract, the Contractor and any of its subcontractors shall comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. This Act provides that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, or be denied the benefits of or be subject to discrimination in federally funded program and activities. See 42 U.S.C. §2000d et seq.
- Bidding documents for this project is posted and available at the ocp.dc.gov and ddot.dc.gov/procurement websites. The commodity code for this project is 971-55-55. A PAYMENT OR PERFORMANCE BOND IS NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS CONTRACT.
- Contracts must be delivered no later than 2:00pm on July 6, 2011 to the Frank D Reeves Municipal Center, Office of Contracting and Procurement Bid Room, 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20009.
- SCA Wage Determination No.: 2005-2103, Revision No. 10, Date of Revision: 06/15/2010 have been predetermined by the Secretary of the Department of Labor and is included as Attachment J.2 in the contract.
- All interested firms are invited to a pre-bid meeting to be held on Friday, June 24, 2011 from 10:00am to 1:00pm at the District Department of Transportation, 55 M Street, SE, 4th Floor, Conference Room 404, Washington, DC 20003.
- For further procurement information, contact Bernetha Armwood at (202) 671-1563. For technical information, contact Josh Moskowitz at (202) 359-5514.