Story at a Glance
Memorandum of Understanding between: DDOT, WMATA, MDOT, DMBE and MWAA
Effective June 15, 2012, the following process replaces the Modified Reciprocity Certification Program and sets forth the procedures applicable to all out-of-state Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) applicants seeking certification with the Washington Metropolitan Uniform Certification Program (MWUCP).
The Washington Metropolitan Uniform Certification Program (MWUCP), the official certification agency for the District of Columbia and the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, chooses to review all out-of-state applicants as provided in 49 CFR 26.85(c). The following applies with respect to any firm that is currently certified in its home state as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and wishes to apply for certification as a DBE with the Washington Metropolitan Uniform Certification Program (MWUCP).
In order to apply for DBE certification, out-of-state DBE firms must provide the following documents as required in 49 CFR 26.85 (c):
- A complete copy of the Uniform Certification Application form, all supporting documents, and any other information you have submitted to your Home state or any other state related to your firm’s certification.
- Submit copies of any notices or correspondence from states other than your home state relating to your status as an applicant or certified DBE in those states.
- If you have filed a certification appeal with DOT, you must provide this information including your letter of appeal and DOT’s response.
- Submit an affidavit sworn to by the firm’s owners before a person who is authorized by State law to administer oaths or an unsworn declaration executed under penalty of perjury of the laws of the United States. This affidavit must affirm that you have submitted all the information required by 49 CFR 26.85 (c).
- If your on-site report from your home state supporting your certification in your home state is more than three years old, as of your application to DDOT, DDOT may require that your affidavit also affirm that the facts in the on-site report remain true and correct.
To retrieve these documents you can visit: dbe.ddot.dc.gov
Submit the complete application package to:
District Department of Transportation
Office of Civil Rights
55 M Street, SE 3rd Floor
Washington, DC 20003