The Government of the District of Columbia, Office of Contracting and Procurement, on behalf of the District Department of Transportation, (the District) is seeking a Contractor to operate the DC Streetcar System.
- Project Title: Operation and Maintenance of the DC Streetcar System
- Invitation No.: DCKA-2011-R-0121
The Government of the District of Columbia, Office of Contracting and Procurement, on behalf of the District Department of Transportation, (the District) is seeking a Contractor to operate the DC Streetcar System (“Streetcar”).
The services required under the proposed contract for Streetcar operations and maintenance will include responsibility for all day-to-day functions associated with the operation of the line: streetcar operation, service dispatch and management, hiring and training of staff, safety programs, maintenance of vehicles, maintenance of way, maintenance of facilities and systems, support for emergency response, customer service, provision of special services as required, assistance and participation in system testing and start-up activities, and administrative and recordkeeping functions. Specific facilities, vehicles and equipment to be provided by DDOT in connection with these services are identified within the detailed Scope of Work incorporated into the solicitation.
The following list is a summary of the services that the contractor shall provide:
- Operate Streetcar to the service levels and standards as defined in the RFP.
- Provide sufficient and qualified operating, maintenance, supervisory, management and administrative personnel based on effective hiring and retention programs.
- Establish and conduct training and retraining programs.
- Develop emergency response procedures and during incidents work with on-site emergency responders.
- Participate in Streetcar system and vehicle testing and startup activities.
- Participate in design review of Streetcar expansion plans.
- Provide required insurance as set forth in Section.
- Support the District’s program of marketing, promotion and special events.
- Provide all required reports and performance data, including reports required for federal, regional and local agencies.
- Maintain revenue vehicles and support vehicles and equipment.
The following services may be subcontracted:
- Maintain track, traction electrification system, communication systems, stations, and associated fixed facilities and systems.
- Develop maintenance programs and operate the maintenance facility according to all required regulations and safety standards.
- Provide a maintenance information system for tracking status and maintenance history for vehicles and facilities.
- Provide revenue collection and processing functions.
- Provide maintenance services for fare collection system.
The evaluation criteria for selection are listed below:
- Management, Organization and Staffing (30 Points);
- Approach to Operations (15 Points);
- Approach to Vehicle Maintenance (15 Points);
- Price Criterion (40 Points Maximum);
TOTAL = 100 Points Maximum
This solicitation will be procured in accordance with CHAPTER 3A of GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT, DC Official Law 18-371, Sections 2-351.01 thru 2-362.03, Subchapters I thru Subchapter XII, effective 4/8/11.
The Operation & Maintenance of the DC Streetcar System Contractor agrees to ensure that CBE’s as defined in the Small, Local, and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Development and Assistance Act of 2005”, as amended, DC Official Code § 2-218.01 et seq. (the Act), have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of individuality awarded task orders on this federally-funded contract and that he/she shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national , origin, age sex or handicapped in the prosecution of this contract.
The proposals must be received no later than 2:00 pm on October 12, 2011 at the following address:
District of Columbia Department of Public Works
Office of Contracting and Procurement
2000 14th Street, NW, 3rd Floor Bid Room
Washington, DC 20009
A pre-proposal conference has been set for August 30, 2011. Questions can be sent via email to: email@example.com. Questions will not be responded to if received after September 12, 2011. Telephone contacts are not acceptable. Updates to this solicitation will be made available at ddot.dc.gov/procurement.