April 26, 2013
REMINDER: DDOT Accepting Applications for the 2013 Transportation for Elderly and Persons with Disabilities Program
Applications Due Friday, May 10, 2013
The program provides financial assistance to non-for profit organizations for the purchasing of vehicles and wheelchair equipment that can help them meet the transportation needs of the elderly persons and persons with disabilities.
WASHINGTON, DC — The District of Columbia Department of Transportation (DDOT) invites interested nonprofit organizations to apply to their 2013 Transportation for Elderly Persons and Persons with Disabilities Section 5310 Program. The program provides financial assistance to nonprofit organizations that include local or neighborhood based nonprofit organizations and religious or charitable organizations, for the purchasing of vehicles and wheelchair equipment that can help them meet the transportation needs of the elderly persons and persons with disabilities when transportation service is unavailable to meet these needs.
The funds for the program are apportioned by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) of the U.S. Department of Transportation to the District based on its share of elderly persons and persons with disabilities population. DDOT ensures that local applicants and project activities are eligible and in compliance with Federal requirements.
Eligible capital purchases may include: para-transit vehicles and wheelchair lifts and restraints. The costs of the vehicles vary depending on the type of vehicle selected by the organization. See application for more details.
The program provides 80 percent of the cost of the vehicle and/or equipment purchased. The remaining 20 percent will be provided by the applicant organization. The 20 percent must be provided in cash or check by the applicant organization from non-federal sources.
The program application is available online at: www.ddot.dc.gov/5310
Program applications are due Friday, May 10, 2013.
For additional information about the program please contact Circe Torruellas at (202) 671-2847 or email@example.com.