Story at a Glance
On Wednesday, October 17, 2012, the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will host a community meeting for the Harvard Triangle Project. This project will reconstruct Adams Mill Road, NW between Kenyon Street and Harvard Street, as well as immediate adjacent portions of Kenyon, Irving and Harvard Streets.
(Washington, DC) – On Wednesday, October 17, 2012, the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will host a community meeting for the Harvard Triangle Project. This project will reconstruct Adams Mill Road, NW between Kenyon Street and Harvard Street, as well as immediate adjacent portions of Kenyon, Irving and Harvard Streets. Representatives from DDOT will meet with the public to discuss the project details, explain the impacts that construction will have on the community, and to answer questions and concerns.
The Harvard Triangle Project will include the following features and improvements:
- Reconstruction of 2 main intersections to enhance pedestrian safety
- 0.3 mile of roadway improvements with full depth asphalt pavement and milling and resurfacing of existing roadway
- 1900 linear feet of water main replacement and 25 service connections, 27 new streetlights and traffic signals, storm drainage upgrade including 13 water quality inlet structures
- 65 linear feet of retaining wall on Irving Street (max ht. 10ft) and approximately 250 linear median barrier for grade separation on Adams Mill Road
- Pedestrian crosswalk safety improvements – elimination of unsafe existing sidewalk on Adams Mill Road
- Installation of new sidewalks, granite and concrete curbs and concrete gutters
- Pedestrian safety fence and widened sidewalk at the bus stop to improve wheelchair accessibility
- Removal of dead trees and planting of new trees along Kenyon and Irving Streets
Preliminary activities associated with the project have already begun. The project is scheduled for completion in September 2013.
||Community Meeting for the Harvard Triangle Intersections Improvements Project
||Wednesday, October 17, 2012
6 pm – 8 pm
||St. Stephens Church
1525 Newton Street NW
||S1, S2, S4 Metrobus lines
For more information about the project and to sign up for updates, please visit www.harvardtriangleproject.com .
Questions about the project can be directed to the DDOT Project Manager, Victor Egu, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 343-6071.
You may also contact the Public Outreach Coordinator, Tom Pipkin, at email@example.com or (202) 642-6774.
DDOT is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of, its projects, programs and services on the basis of race, color, national origin or gender, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 or on the basis of disability as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
If you need special accommodations or language assistance services (translation or interpretation), please contact Thomas Pipkin at (202) 642-6774 or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 48 hours in advance of the meeting. These services will be provided free of charge.