March 11, 2011
DDOT Mailing New Visitor Parking Passes
All Eligible Households Will Receive One Pass
- The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will begin mailing new 2011 visitor parking passes in the coming days to eligible households.
(Washington, DC) The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will begin mailing new 2011 visitor parking passes in the coming days to eligible households. The passes are intended to eliminate the inconvenience to residents caused by having to obtain a new visitor parking permit from the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) each time a guest is expected. Instead, one visitor parking pass is mailed to every household on a Residential Permit Parking (RPP) zoned block.
The 2011 passes are red and white and one pass per household will be mailed to District residents on:
- All Residential Permit Parking (RPP) blocks in Ward 3
- All RPP blocks in Ward 4
- All RPP blocks in ANC 1D (Mount Pleasant)
- All RPP blocks in ANCs 6B and 6D within the Ballpark District in Ward 6. These blocks are bounded by:
- North: Pennsylvania Avenue, SE
- East: 9th Street, SE
- South: Potomac Avenue, SW
- West: 9th Street, SW
The new passes will be mailed in the middle of this month. Existing 2010 visitor passes in these areas will be honored through Friday, April 15, 2011.
Note: The visitor parking passes in Ward 5 are valid through July 2011 and DDOT will mail new passes to eligible households in Ward 5 this summer.
The permits will be valid for one year and will allow visitors to park for more than two hours on any RPP block within the boundaries of the resident’s Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC).
Conditions for Use of the Visitor Parking Pass
- Visitors should display the Visitor Parking Pass on the driver’s side of the dashboard. At the end of the visit, visitors should return the VPP to the resident.
- A VPP is not to be used as a substitute for a valid RPP sticker on a vehicle owned by a resident of the household.
- VPP does not provide an exemption from the Registration of Out-of-State Automobiles (ROSA) requirement to register a vehicle in the District of Columbia within 30 days of residency.
- Vehicles displaying an invalid pass will be subject to a RPP parking citation.
- Duplication or sale of the pass is strictly prohibited and violators are subject to a $300 fine.
Please contact Damon Harvey (Damon.Harvey@dc.gov) at (202) 671-0493 if you have any questions regarding the Visitor Parking Pass (VPP) program.