Story at a Glance
- DDOT has lifted the evening time limits at parking meters in the District’s busiest commercial areas.
(Washington, DC) The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) has lifted the evening time limits at parking meters in the District’s busiest commercial areas. Beginning tonight, motorists can park for as long as they like after 6:30 pm, although they will still have to pay to park until 10:30 pm at meters in the city’s designated “premium demand zones.”
The premium demand zones include:
- Adams Morgan
- Georgetown Historic District
- Penn Quarter/Chinatown
- U Street, NW Corridor
- Downtown Central Business District
- Maine and Water Streets, SW
- The National Mall
- Wisconsin Avenue, NW (from Van Ness Street to Western Avenue)
The hours of enforcement for parking meters outside of the above premium demand zones are generally 7 am to 6:30 pm.
For more information about the District’s parking operations and policies, please visit ddot.dc.gov.