The Records Room is Room E270 adjacent to the Permits Center on the 2nd Floor of 1100 4th St SW.
- Records dating from 2000 to present are housed on/offsite by DCRA.
- Records dating from 1997 to 1999 are housed at the Federal Records Center in Suitland.
- Records dating from 1958 to 1995 are housed at the DC Archives.
- Records dating from 1949 to 1962 are housed at the National Archives (202) 357-5400.
- Records prior to 1949 are housed at the National Archives or Martin Luther King Jr. Library, Washingtoniana Division (202) 727-1213.
- Over-sized plans are housed at the DC Archives, Federal Records Center, or Springfield, Virginia.
In-house (DCRA) record requests for multiple addresses will be processed in 3-5 business days (depending on the requests).
Records Fee Schedule
Certificate of Occupancy
- Certified Copy $20.00
- Non-certified Copy $7.00
- Certified Letter – no permit (s) on file $10.00
Copy of Application Packet $0.25 per page
Copy of Building Plans 8 x 10 $2.50 per page; 11 x 17 $2.50 per page
Sizes above 11 x 17 are sent to an external copying agency. Copying fees are set by the copying agency and customers must pay at and retrieve copies from the copying agency.
External record requests will be processed in 7-10 business days (depending on the requests).
DCRA's Records Room provides access to copies of permits and certificates of occupancy.
Service at a Glance
Provided By: DCRA
Phone: (202) 442-4480
Location: 1100 4th Street SW Washington, DC 20024
Request this Service
No Related Documents
No Related News
No Related Photos
No Related Videos