Who We Are
DC's managed area network
What DC-Net is doing around the District
Find Freedom of Information Act records
View All »
Products and Services
View DC-Net's connection services
Phone, fax and audio services
Video conferencing and streaming
View All »
For schools, universities and students
Federal Government Solutions
FIPS compliant solutions
HIPAA compliant health IT solutions
View All »
Report issues and order services
Catalogs and product information sheets
Guides, tutorials, and reference
View All »
Size: A A A
Federal Government Solutions
DC-Net offers federal government agencies a full array of telecommunications services which include data transport, managed unified communications, and commodity Internet. All services are offered over a fiber network owned and operated by the District of Columbia.
DC-Net understands the criticality of communications to your agency and provides your network with a diverse physical path and inherent redundant logical network architecture. The DC-Net network can carry bandwidths of up to 40 Gbps and is easily scalable to 100 Gbps. Our FedNet private cloud service network carries only federal government traffic secured with FIPS compliance, Intrusion Detection Systems/Intrusion Prevention Systems along with policy firewalls. Circuit configurations can be point-to-point, point-to-multipoint or multipoint-to-multipoint. Access bandwidths for transport services range from 10 Mbps to 10 Gbps. The network also supports bandwidths at 40 Gbps and 100 Gbps if higher speeds are required.
The FedNet cloud enables secure, customizable access to managed resources such as video conferencing, voice, and data transport as well as connections to advanced research networks such as Internet 2, GENI, National LambdaRail, National Light Path, and MAX. Additionally, DC-Net offers secure hosting at its data center facility in Reston, VA, with dedicated transport for FedNet customers. FedNet agencies that need to access District of Columbia public safety agencies such as MPD, FEMS and HSEMA can connect through this cloud over dedicated transport.
Data Transport Solutions
- Dark fiber – Available on an individual case basis.
- Wavelength services – Over dedicated 100Gbps enabled DWDM rings in DC, bandwidths range from 1 Gbps to 40 Gbps and 100 Gbps
- SONET services – For TDM services, bandwidths range from DS-1 to OC-192
- Ethernet services – Over dedicated Layer 2 network across DC, bandwidths range from 10 Mbps to 10 Gbps
- VPN transport services – Over Layer 3 MPLS network using VPN, bandwidths range from 10 Mbps to 1 Gbps
- Voice over IP – Based on industry-leading Cisco Systems and Avaya platforms, Our VoIP service is a key part of a converged network solution, enabling users to access unified communications and other rich applications including unified messaging and soft client video conferencing.
- Call Center Solutions – DC-Net’s Automatic Call Distribution and Call Management System (ACD/CMS) products can significantly improve how your call center manages incoming calls. Together these products help you increase call efficiency and provide higher quality service
- Video – With support for the high bandwidth requirements of converged networking services, DC-Net’s video conferencing and video streaming offerings can help you enhance your agency’s ability to communicate internally with customers and other agencies, and externally with vendors and outside entities.
- Wireless – As indoor wireless access becomes increasingly necessary in the workplace, DC-Net helps you meet your agency’s needs for wireless services through wireless extension of data circuits with both secure and public access. We also customize wireless access point (WAP) installation and management based on agency needs and site size and type.
DC-Net offers fully managed services and turnkey solutions that can be turned over to the agency for ongoing management and operations.
Key Network Benefits
- FIPS capable, secure, government-only, facilities-based network; support for sensitive classified and unclassified data
- Extensive 350-mile fiber optic network provides core foundation and primary backbone for over 30,000 District government users in more than 360 sites across the District
- Diverse fiber paths and redundant electronics comply with NCS route redundancy requirements and guaranteed 99.999% availability
- Cloud computing service networks, unified communications bundles, triple play solutions, and other customized service offerings at competitive prices
- Dark Fiber, Wavelength/SONET services, Ethernet services, Managed IP/VPN transport, voice, and video services, competitively priced, customizable to agency needs, and backed by service level agreements
- Ability to provide federal agencies with unique fiber rings and laterals or provide secondary, route diverse path based on federal agency needs
- Wireless telework solutions
- Stability to maintain long-term contracts
- Customized Service Level Agreements to meet specific agency needs
- Transparent, online billing and other efficient operational procedures
- 24/7 Tier 1 through 3 technical support, by experienced, qualified staff and state-of-the-art Network Operations Center located at highly secure District-owned building.
Services support route diversity requirements for federal agencies and departments as specified by the National Communication System (NCS) in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security as part of the National Continuity Policy Implementation Plan prepared under National Security Presidential Directive-51 and Homeland Security Presidential Directive-20.
DC-Net solutions for federal government include managed and unmanaged services over a secure, FIPS compliant network.
Service at a Glance
Provided By: DC-Net
Phone: (202) 715-3733
Location: 655 15th Street, NW Washington, DC 20005